Monday, February 3, 2014

twas the night before I was radically whole...

Tomorrow morning, I will wake up to a new start - a fresh start - that I've claimed before...over, and over, and over.

But this time, I've got a powerful recipe for success.

Biblical truth + love words + accountability + Biblical truth = #radicallywhole

I am struck by the word "whole." When I say it, an overwhelming peace descends on my hearts as I recognize the true meaning encompassed in that word.

Whole.

I've spent some time filling the gaps and searching for what could make me whole...the peripheral objects of life were the easiest to target (think house. car. job. clothes. haircut. the works). With a laundry list of "to do's," I was still empty. I moved onto the internal efforts - scattered quiet times, workouts, diet fads (you name it. I've tried it). My efforts didn't just put my body into epic yoyo mode. My heart and head have quickly followed suit.

So tomorrow is like a lot of tomorrow's I've had. It's full of promises I've made to myself, plans to establish an unwavering routine (which will undoubtedly be derailed if tomorrow is anything like today), and the hope that my life will ease into simplicity by this time + 24 hours.

However, I've added some ingredients into this recipe.

There is radical love from the One who made me for who I am and where I am - a love I will verbalize, acknowledge, and accept like I have never done in my life. There is the calming voice and precious affirmation of my very best friend in the world walking this with me. There is choice in the minutes of my day and flexibility in what I do. There is play. There is spontaneity. There is sustained acceptance of who I am - right now.

I've removed some things from previous recipes.

There is no daily weigh in - of my physical or mental health. There is no guilt associated with any. solitary. choice. There is no shoulds, woulds, or coulds in the calendar. There is no loneliness or isolation - at any point in the journey.

And finally, I'm cooking from some pages I love.

Tomorrow starts the #radicallywhole journey - a journey in nutritional, physical, emotional, and spiritual wellness this version of myself has never taken. Join me.



I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Psalm 139:14




No comments: